Is there a word for a pair of numbers like 6 and 8, which are two apart? Another example would be 11 and 13. Thanks!

  • This is a good question. You might like to ask it on ELU as well.
    – Dog Lover
    May 15, 2016 at 6:42
  • @Dog I've seen times when asking the same question on both sites is highly discouraged. May 16, 2016 at 22:51

1 Answer 1


Depending on the context you can call these numbers "consecutive odd numbers" or "consecutive even numbers".

6 and 8 are consecutive even numbers. 11 and 13 are consecutive odd numbers.

You are most likely to encounter this usage in a math problem, like "name two consecutive odd numbers whose sum equals 24".

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .