I found this image: enter image description here in this blog-post.

There are two corners in the image: the leftmost is an "inside corner" and the rightmost is an "outside corner".

Are there single words (nouns) that can be used for "inside corner" and "outside corner"?

  • Or you could just simply call them 'inward' and 'outward' edges. – Varun Nair May 25 '16 at 9:51
  • @VarunKN I would interpret inward and outward to be about the edge's position in space and not think of a concave or convex corner. An inward edge might be closer to the center of something than the outward edge. – ColleenV May 25 '16 at 13:13
  • I was just working on a building description and came across this concept that is missing a word. At first, injunctive corner seemed right for the concave configuration, as in "the subject's eastern injunctive corner", but exjunctive? It's fun to experiment with language, but if this goes to court, I would hate to look like a dumbass or cause injury to a client. For now I'm using convex and concave because at least they're demonstrable with diagrams (thank you to the last poster for that diagram). – Davenport Nov 11 '16 at 3:52
  • Related question on ELU. – J.R. Aug 26 '18 at 21:11

I am thinking of a one-word noun for each and I couldn't think of anything. However, you might find this useful: concave and convex (corners).This image is from the link:

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.