I am looking for the exact term for the man who made a difference. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

  • 1
    "exact" is tough to pin down, without knowing the type of person or situation where it would be used. – user3169 Jun 4 '16 at 16:12

Idiomatically, people like this are called...

Movers and shakers - People of energetic demeanour, who initiate change and influence events.

For an adjectival form, it's common to say they're influential people (people of influence).

|improve this answer|||||

As @user3169 commented, there could be many depending on context, but you could consider using game changer which means:

a person or thing that dramatically changes the course, strategy, character, etc., of something


|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for?Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.