Here, the venerable author listed a gamut of present participle usages. In this context, he or she introduced some types of verbs which can be followed by present participles:
- The present participle after verbs of movement & position.
- The present participle after verbs of perception.
- The present participle with the verbs spend and waste.
- The present participle with the verbs catch and find
Now, consider below sentence that I constructed:
- The stability of the system has been analyzed using LP method.
- The effect of heat on the circuit has been studied considering unbound environment.
- This masterpiece was drawn using watercolor.
- Illustrations were created exploiting SoftwareX.
And a myriad of the other examples. Now, I have two questions:
1) Did I find just new verbs that should be memorized?
2) Has this something to do with using passives?