Please have a look at this sentence:
I'm French-speaking person.

Is this correct grammatically?
I would use an indefinite article this way:
I'm a French-speaking person.

Would you agree please?

  • 1
    Yes, most count nouns require a determiner, and this is no exception. – BillJ Dec 1 '16 at 16:27
  • You can just say Im French. Of course you speak French – user178049 Dec 2 '16 at 3:08

Anytime you add a modifier to the noun, and you're not sure whether to use an article (definite or indefinite), remove the modifier and see what makes sense.

I'm person.

I'm a person.

Clearly, the second one is correct.


I'm a French-speaking person.

|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.