What do you usually call someone who usually does anything so slowly that sometimes it can even get on someone's nervs?

We call such a person a "slow-motion" and say:

  • He's a reall slow-motion!

How would you convey the same message?

Added: in my language this word can be attributed to the person either in a humorous way or sarcastically; even to somebody who walks so slowly.


There is a word that can be used to describe such a person: slowpoke.

: a very slow person
// We're going to be late if that slowpoke doesn't hurry up.
// quit being such a slowpoke this morning, or you'll be late

I can't think of a context in which it wouldn't be used in at least a somewhat negative way.

  • 1
    In British English, it would be a slowcoach or slow-coach. A sluggard is a somewhat formal term. – Michael Harvey Apr 26 '19 at 8:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.