Is there any word I can use in this circumstance:

Someone needs help, you help them, but every time you see them, you remind them of the favor you've done them.

I mean is there an adjective I can use for the guy who repeatedly remind you of the favor they've done to you?

  • 3
    Can't think of a single word but depending on the context there are numerous idiomatic expressions to convey that: hold it over him, lord it over him, hark back to it etc etc
    – Void
    Sep 14, 2021 at 11:08
  • 2
    He never lets you forget is another expression.
    – stangdon
    Sep 14, 2021 at 11:11

1 Answer 1


It might be that they did the original favour begrudgingly, so you could perhaps describe them that way - begrudging.

Someone who likes to boast about the 'good' they've done may be called a virtue signaller.

When someone is still expecting praise or gratitude for something done a long time ago, we sometimes say they are 'still dining out' on it.

You must log in to answer this question.