The closing-in walls are about to crush us!

The ____ walls are about to crush us!

I was thinking about encroaching, but it implies more than just "closing in", is there a good adjective for this?


Try claustrophobic

The American Heritage Dictionary defines it as

Uncomfortably closed or hemmed in.

  • It doesn't imply an ever closing-in movement. – Sayaman May 8 at 0:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.