In a meeting with the mechanic, I floated that I might be interested in buying the vehicle.
What respectful — non-slang — words or phrase could I use here instead of "floated"?
In Hungarian, the formal variant is a phrase: 'kilátásba helyez'
What I have tried:
- I probed my memory for two days: somehow it feels like it's on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't catch it.
- put the Hungarian term into the biggest Hungarian-operated dictionary (no luck)
- put the Hungarian term into Google Translate (no-no)
- put the Hungarian term into Bing Translate (yay: maybe it has to do with prospect?)
- thesaurus.com (only pieces of wood floating there)