What is the correct usage of the phrase if I want to name something, in this case is a component which is a dialog window of column settings (web development). "Column Settings Dialog" or "Column Setting Dialog"?

1 Answer 1


It depends on what the dialog contains. If it contains multiple settings, it is a "column settings dialog". If it contains one setting, it is a "column setting dialog". The plural "column settings dialog" is also much more common in technical writing.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .