enter image description here

What do you call the rolling part of a combo lock? The rolling part that allows you to enter combinations to unlock the lock? What is it called?

  • I would say that those parts are turning, not rolling. It's a subtle difference, but "rolling" implies moving from one place to another.
    – stangdon
    Jul 2, 2021 at 14:18

1 Answer 1


Wikipedia seems to call them dials and/or discs:

Wikipedia combination lock

A combination lock is a type of locking device in which a sequence of symbols, usually numbers, is used to open the lock. The sequence may be entered using a single rotating dial which interacts with several discs or cams, by using a set of several rotating discs with inscribed symbols which directly interact with the locking mechanism, or through an electronic or mechanical keypad.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .