two grates

In this picture there are two grates, which is the name I use for them, I call the bottom one, the damaged grate, what to call the top one, which is not damaged and intact?


You already said it: "intact." Other alternatives include "mint condition," "brand new" (or "like new" if it isn't actually new, just in good condition), or just plain undamaged.

  • Unmarred, pristine, in good shape possibly. – Justin Stafford May 16 '19 at 15:28

I would use the word "untarnished" as well depending on the circumstance, maybe not necessarily in this case though.

Untarnished meaning not dulled, or damaged.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.