What is the English word for "tablier" in "tablier de professeur ou d'enseignant"?

Like this:

Source: blouse-blanche.fr

As worn by a doctor (physician), chemist or druggist.

  • Could you please expand your question: what is the meaning of the word "tablier"? What is the meaning of the whole phrase? – CowperKettle Feb 20 '16 at 12:37
  • "Tablier", here, is that sort of special apron that any teacher wears in classroom and most of time is white. – Rafiq Feb 20 '16 at 12:58
  • 1
    In what countries is this worn? In the Anglo world teachers do not to the best of my knowledge conventionally wear any sort of 'apron', so we have no term for this. Perhaps if you could provide a picture we could suggest an appropriate translation. – StoneyB Feb 20 '16 at 13:01
  • "Tablier de professeur ou d'enseignant" is "Professor's or teacher's (apron??), Thank you for your help. – Rafiq Feb 20 '16 at 13:01
  • 1
    I really thank you very much for the assistance you all provide me. I think I have found it. It is simply "lab coat." Again thank you a lot. – Rafiq Feb 20 '16 at 13:46

As covered in the comments, it is called a lab coat or Doctors White Coat.

  • Tanks a lot Brian Tompsett. This is what I was looking for. – Rafiq Feb 20 '16 at 20:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.